{"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.","last":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026page=1"},"meta":{"pages":{"current_page":1,"next_page":null,"prev_page":null,"total_pages":1,"limit_value":10,"offset_value":0,"total_count":1,"first_page?":true,"last_page?":true}},"data":[{"id":"viletbl_viletbl00209","type":"collection","attributes":{"title":"Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911","creator":{"id":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/viletbl_viletbl00209#creator","type":"document_value","attributes":{"value":"Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA.","label":"Creator"}},"abstract_or_scope":{"id":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/viletbl_viletbl00209#abstract_or_scope","type":"document_value","attributes":{"value":"This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume. ","label":"Abstract Or Scope"}},"breadcrumbs":{"id":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/viletbl_viletbl00209#breadcrumbs","type":"document_value","attributes":{"value":{"id":"viletbl_viletbl00209","ead_ssi":"viletbl_viletbl00209","_root_":"viletbl_viletbl00209","_nest_parent_":"viletbl_viletbl00209","ead_source_url_ssi":"data/tbl/viletbl00209.xml","title_ssm":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"title_tesim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"normalized_title_ssm":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"text":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911","OMB 014, AV 005","Collection open for research.","Electronic media","Folder","History of Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark. www.waterfordhistory.org (accessed 29 May 2012).","Janney, Werner and Asa Moore. Ye Meetg Hous Smal: A Short Account of Friends in Loudoun County, Virginia 1732-1980. Lincoln, VA: by the authors, 1980.","Waterford Foundation. Walk With Us Through Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark District. Waterford, VA: Waterford Foundation, 2005.","Amos Janney (1700-1746) founded Waterford in 1733 after accepting a large parcel of land in exchange for surveying services to Thomas, 6th Lord Fairfax (1693-1791). He added several thousand acres to his original parcel and established a mill, thus giving the area its original name, Janney's Mill. Janney was a member of the Society of Friends and came to the area from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Many other Quakers from Bucks County and the surrounding areas followed him to Virginia, and Janney's Mill quickly became a commercial center. The village officially became known as Waterford in the 1780s and was incorporated by the Virginia General Assembly in 1836. Prior to the Civil War, Waterford was Loudoun County's second largest town after Leesburg.","Waterford's growth stagnated in the mid-19th century, and the Civil War took a heavy toll on the town. Initially Waterford occupied a prime location for trade with easy access to Leesburg and ferry points across the Potomac River. In the 1830s, a railroad to Point of Rocks, Maryland opened north of Waterford and Snickersville Turnpike opened south of the village. Waterford, thus bypassed, was no longer a center for trade. In the years leading up to the Civil War, disheartened by Virginia's reluctance to abandon slavery, Quakers began leaving Waterford and migrating to Ohio. Because the Quakers of Waterford were abolitionists and pacifists the village was harassed by Confederate forces. Many fled north and the population of Waterford dwindled further.","The town unincorporated in 1936. Today the village is largely residential. The Waterford Historic District was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969.","Library of Virginia","Electronic Media","Elizabeth E. Preston, 30 May 2012","Map of Waterford, 1875, Map Collection, Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA.","This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.","The original minute book was included in a court record in the files of the Loudoun County Attorney. The court record was transferred to the Library of Virginia (LVA) in accordance with Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for state and local public records. LVA then microfilmed and scanned the minute book and placed the original in its collections.","None","No physical characteristics affect use of this material.","This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.","English"],"collection_title_tesim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"collection_ssim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"level_ssm":["collection"],"level_ssim":["Collection"],"unitid_ssm":["OMB 014, AV 005"],"unitid_tesim":["OMB 014, AV 005"],"repository_ssm":["Thomas Balch Library"],"repository_ssim":["Thomas Balch Library"],"creator_ssm":["Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA."],"creator_ssim":["Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA."],"access_terms_ssm":["No physical characteristics affect use of this material."],"acqinfo_ssim":["Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA."],"has_online_content_ssim":["false"],"accessrestrict_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eCollection open for research.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"accessrestrict_heading_ssm":["Access Restrictions"],"accessrestrict_tesim":["Collection open for research."],"altformavail_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eElectronic media\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"altformavail_heading_ssm":["Alternative Form Available"],"altformavail_tesim":["Electronic media"],"arrangement_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eFolder\n\u003c/p\u003e\n    "],"arrangement_heading_ssm":["Arrangement"],"arrangement_tesim":["Folder"],"bibliography_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003e\n          \u003cbibref type=\"simple\" href=\"\"\u003e\u003ctitle type=\"simple\" render=\"italic\" href=\"\"\u003eHistory of Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark\u003c/title\u003e. www.waterfordhistory.org (accessed 29 May 2012).\n\u003c/bibref\u003e\n        \u003c/p\u003e\n        ","\u003cp\u003e\n          \u003cbibref type=\"simple\" href=\"\"\u003eJanney, Werner and Asa Moore. \u003ctitle type=\"simple\" render=\"italic\" href=\"\"\u003eYe Meetg Hous Smal: A Short Account of Friends in Loudoun County, Virginia 1732-1980\u003c/title\u003e. Lincoln, VA: by the authors, 1980.\u003c/bibref\u003e\n        \u003c/p\u003e\n        ","\u003cp\u003e\n          \u003cbibref type=\"simple\" href=\"\"\u003eWaterford Foundation. \u003ctitle type=\"simple\" render=\"italic\" href=\"\"\u003eWalk With Us Through Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark District\u003c/title\u003e. Waterford, VA: Waterford Foundation, 2005.\u003c/bibref\u003e\n        \u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"bibliography_heading_ssm":["Bibliography"],"bibliography_tesim":["History of Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark. www.waterfordhistory.org (accessed 29 May 2012).","Janney, Werner and Asa Moore. Ye Meetg Hous Smal: A Short Account of Friends in Loudoun County, Virginia 1732-1980. Lincoln, VA: by the authors, 1980.","Waterford Foundation. Walk With Us Through Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark District. Waterford, VA: Waterford Foundation, 2005."],"bioghist_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eAmos Janney (1700-1746) founded Waterford in 1733 after accepting a large parcel of land in exchange for surveying services to Thomas, 6th Lord Fairfax (1693-1791). He added several thousand acres to his original parcel and established a mill, thus giving the area its original name, Janney's Mill. Janney was a member of the Society of Friends and came to the area from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Many other Quakers from Bucks County and the surrounding areas followed him to Virginia, and Janney's Mill quickly became a commercial center. The village officially became known as Waterford in the 1780s and was incorporated by the Virginia General Assembly in 1836. Prior to the Civil War, Waterford was Loudoun County's second largest town after Leesburg.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      ","\u003cp\u003eWaterford's growth stagnated in the mid-19th century, and the Civil War took a heavy toll on the town. Initially Waterford occupied a prime location for trade with easy access to Leesburg and ferry points across the Potomac River. In the 1830s, a railroad to Point of Rocks, Maryland opened north of Waterford and Snickersville Turnpike opened south of the village. Waterford, thus bypassed, was no longer a center for trade. In the years leading up to the Civil War, disheartened by Virginia's reluctance to abandon slavery, Quakers began leaving Waterford and migrating to Ohio. Because the Quakers of Waterford were abolitionists and pacifists the village was harassed by Confederate forces. Many fled north and the population of Waterford dwindled further.\u003c/p\u003e\n      ","\u003cp\u003eThe town unincorporated in 1936. Today the village is largely residential. The Waterford Historic District was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969.\u003c/p\u003e\n    "],"bioghist_heading_ssm":["Historical Information"],"bioghist_tesim":["Amos Janney (1700-1746) founded Waterford in 1733 after accepting a large parcel of land in exchange for surveying services to Thomas, 6th Lord Fairfax (1693-1791). He added several thousand acres to his original parcel and established a mill, thus giving the area its original name, Janney's Mill. Janney was a member of the Society of Friends and came to the area from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Many other Quakers from Bucks County and the surrounding areas followed him to Virginia, and Janney's Mill quickly became a commercial center. The village officially became known as Waterford in the 1780s and was incorporated by the Virginia General Assembly in 1836. Prior to the Civil War, Waterford was Loudoun County's second largest town after Leesburg.","Waterford's growth stagnated in the mid-19th century, and the Civil War took a heavy toll on the town. Initially Waterford occupied a prime location for trade with easy access to Leesburg and ferry points across the Potomac River. In the 1830s, a railroad to Point of Rocks, Maryland opened north of Waterford and Snickersville Turnpike opened south of the village. Waterford, thus bypassed, was no longer a center for trade. In the years leading up to the Civil War, disheartened by Virginia's reluctance to abandon slavery, Quakers began leaving Waterford and migrating to Ohio. Because the Quakers of Waterford were abolitionists and pacifists the village was harassed by Confederate forces. Many fled north and the population of Waterford dwindled further.","The town unincorporated in 1936. Today the village is largely residential. The Waterford Historic District was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969."],"originalsloc_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eLibrary of Virginia\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"originalsloc_heading_ssm":["Location of Originals"],"originalsloc_tesim":["Library of Virginia"],"phystech_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eElectronic Media\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"phystech_heading_ssm":["Technical Requirements"],"phystech_tesim":["Electronic Media"],"prefercite_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eWaterford Town Council Minute Book, 1891-1911 (OMB 014), Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"prefercite_tesim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book, 1891-1911 (OMB 014), Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA."],"processinfo_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eElizabeth E. Preston, 30 May 2012\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"processinfo_heading_ssm":["Processing Information"],"processinfo_tesim":["Elizabeth E. Preston, 30 May 2012"],"relatedmaterial_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eMap of Waterford, 1875, Map Collection, Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"relatedmaterial_heading_ssm":["Related Material"],"relatedmaterial_tesim":["Map of Waterford, 1875, Map Collection, Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA."],"scopecontent_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eThis collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      ","\u003cp\u003eThe original minute book was included in a court record in the files of the Loudoun County Attorney. The court record was transferred to the Library of Virginia (LVA) in accordance with Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for state and local public records. LVA then microfilmed and scanned the minute book and placed the original in its collections.\u003c/p\u003e\n    "],"scopecontent_heading_ssm":["Scope and Content"],"scopecontent_tesim":["This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.","The original minute book was included in a court record in the files of the Loudoun County Attorney. The court record was transferred to the Library of Virginia (LVA) in accordance with Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for state and local public records. LVA then microfilmed and scanned the minute book and placed the original in its collections."],"separatedmaterial_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eNone\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"separatedmaterial_heading_ssm":["Separated Material"],"separatedmaterial_tesim":["None"],"userestrict_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eNo physical characteristics affect use of this material.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"userestrict_heading_ssm":["Use Restrictions"],"userestrict_tesim":["No physical characteristics affect use of this material."],"abstract_html_tesm":["\u003cabstract label=\"Abstract\"\u003eThis collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.\n\u003c/abstract\u003e\n      "],"abstract_tesim":["This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume."],"language_ssim":["English"],"total_component_count_is":15,"online_item_count_is":0,"component_level_isim":[0],"sort_isi":0,"timestamp":"2026-08-14T22:36:52.741Z","collection":{"numFound":1,"start":0,"numFoundExact":true,"docs":[{"id":"viletbl_viletbl00209","ead_ssi":"viletbl_viletbl00209","_root_":"viletbl_viletbl00209","_nest_parent_":"viletbl_viletbl00209","ead_source_url_ssi":"data/tbl/viletbl00209.xml","title_ssm":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"title_tesim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"normalized_title_ssm":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"text":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911","OMB 014, AV 005","Collection open for research.","Electronic media","Folder","History of Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark. www.waterfordhistory.org (accessed 29 May 2012).","Janney, Werner and Asa Moore. Ye Meetg Hous Smal: A Short Account of Friends in Loudoun County, Virginia 1732-1980. Lincoln, VA: by the authors, 1980.","Waterford Foundation. Walk With Us Through Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark District. Waterford, VA: Waterford Foundation, 2005.","Amos Janney (1700-1746) founded Waterford in 1733 after accepting a large parcel of land in exchange for surveying services to Thomas, 6th Lord Fairfax (1693-1791). He added several thousand acres to his original parcel and established a mill, thus giving the area its original name, Janney's Mill. Janney was a member of the Society of Friends and came to the area from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Many other Quakers from Bucks County and the surrounding areas followed him to Virginia, and Janney's Mill quickly became a commercial center. The village officially became known as Waterford in the 1780s and was incorporated by the Virginia General Assembly in 1836. Prior to the Civil War, Waterford was Loudoun County's second largest town after Leesburg.","Waterford's growth stagnated in the mid-19th century, and the Civil War took a heavy toll on the town. Initially Waterford occupied a prime location for trade with easy access to Leesburg and ferry points across the Potomac River. In the 1830s, a railroad to Point of Rocks, Maryland opened north of Waterford and Snickersville Turnpike opened south of the village. Waterford, thus bypassed, was no longer a center for trade. In the years leading up to the Civil War, disheartened by Virginia's reluctance to abandon slavery, Quakers began leaving Waterford and migrating to Ohio. Because the Quakers of Waterford were abolitionists and pacifists the village was harassed by Confederate forces. Many fled north and the population of Waterford dwindled further.","The town unincorporated in 1936. Today the village is largely residential. The Waterford Historic District was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969.","Library of Virginia","Electronic Media","Elizabeth E. Preston, 30 May 2012","Map of Waterford, 1875, Map Collection, Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA.","This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.","The original minute book was included in a court record in the files of the Loudoun County Attorney. The court record was transferred to the Library of Virginia (LVA) in accordance with Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for state and local public records. LVA then microfilmed and scanned the minute book and placed the original in its collections.","None","No physical characteristics affect use of this material.","This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.","English"],"collection_title_tesim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"collection_ssim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911"],"level_ssm":["collection"],"level_ssim":["Collection"],"unitid_ssm":["OMB 014, AV 005"],"unitid_tesim":["OMB 014, AV 005"],"repository_ssm":["Thomas Balch Library"],"repository_ssim":["Thomas Balch Library"],"creator_ssm":["Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA."],"creator_ssim":["Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA."],"access_terms_ssm":["No physical characteristics affect use of this material."],"acqinfo_ssim":["Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA."],"has_online_content_ssim":["false"],"accessrestrict_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eCollection open for research.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"accessrestrict_heading_ssm":["Access Restrictions"],"accessrestrict_tesim":["Collection open for research."],"altformavail_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eElectronic media\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"altformavail_heading_ssm":["Alternative Form Available"],"altformavail_tesim":["Electronic media"],"arrangement_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eFolder\n\u003c/p\u003e\n    "],"arrangement_heading_ssm":["Arrangement"],"arrangement_tesim":["Folder"],"bibliography_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003e\n          \u003cbibref type=\"simple\" href=\"\"\u003e\u003ctitle type=\"simple\" render=\"italic\" href=\"\"\u003eHistory of Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark\u003c/title\u003e. www.waterfordhistory.org (accessed 29 May 2012).\n\u003c/bibref\u003e\n        \u003c/p\u003e\n        ","\u003cp\u003e\n          \u003cbibref type=\"simple\" href=\"\"\u003eJanney, Werner and Asa Moore. \u003ctitle type=\"simple\" render=\"italic\" href=\"\"\u003eYe Meetg Hous Smal: A Short Account of Friends in Loudoun County, Virginia 1732-1980\u003c/title\u003e. Lincoln, VA: by the authors, 1980.\u003c/bibref\u003e\n        \u003c/p\u003e\n        ","\u003cp\u003e\n          \u003cbibref type=\"simple\" href=\"\"\u003eWaterford Foundation. \u003ctitle type=\"simple\" render=\"italic\" href=\"\"\u003eWalk With Us Through Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark District\u003c/title\u003e. Waterford, VA: Waterford Foundation, 2005.\u003c/bibref\u003e\n        \u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"bibliography_heading_ssm":["Bibliography"],"bibliography_tesim":["History of Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark. www.waterfordhistory.org (accessed 29 May 2012).","Janney, Werner and Asa Moore. Ye Meetg Hous Smal: A Short Account of Friends in Loudoun County, Virginia 1732-1980. Lincoln, VA: by the authors, 1980.","Waterford Foundation. Walk With Us Through Waterford, Virginia: A National Historic Landmark District. Waterford, VA: Waterford Foundation, 2005."],"bioghist_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eAmos Janney (1700-1746) founded Waterford in 1733 after accepting a large parcel of land in exchange for surveying services to Thomas, 6th Lord Fairfax (1693-1791). He added several thousand acres to his original parcel and established a mill, thus giving the area its original name, Janney's Mill. Janney was a member of the Society of Friends and came to the area from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Many other Quakers from Bucks County and the surrounding areas followed him to Virginia, and Janney's Mill quickly became a commercial center. The village officially became known as Waterford in the 1780s and was incorporated by the Virginia General Assembly in 1836. Prior to the Civil War, Waterford was Loudoun County's second largest town after Leesburg.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      ","\u003cp\u003eWaterford's growth stagnated in the mid-19th century, and the Civil War took a heavy toll on the town. Initially Waterford occupied a prime location for trade with easy access to Leesburg and ferry points across the Potomac River. In the 1830s, a railroad to Point of Rocks, Maryland opened north of Waterford and Snickersville Turnpike opened south of the village. Waterford, thus bypassed, was no longer a center for trade. In the years leading up to the Civil War, disheartened by Virginia's reluctance to abandon slavery, Quakers began leaving Waterford and migrating to Ohio. Because the Quakers of Waterford were abolitionists and pacifists the village was harassed by Confederate forces. Many fled north and the population of Waterford dwindled further.\u003c/p\u003e\n      ","\u003cp\u003eThe town unincorporated in 1936. Today the village is largely residential. The Waterford Historic District was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969.\u003c/p\u003e\n    "],"bioghist_heading_ssm":["Historical Information"],"bioghist_tesim":["Amos Janney (1700-1746) founded Waterford in 1733 after accepting a large parcel of land in exchange for surveying services to Thomas, 6th Lord Fairfax (1693-1791). He added several thousand acres to his original parcel and established a mill, thus giving the area its original name, Janney's Mill. Janney was a member of the Society of Friends and came to the area from Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Many other Quakers from Bucks County and the surrounding areas followed him to Virginia, and Janney's Mill quickly became a commercial center. The village officially became known as Waterford in the 1780s and was incorporated by the Virginia General Assembly in 1836. Prior to the Civil War, Waterford was Loudoun County's second largest town after Leesburg.","Waterford's growth stagnated in the mid-19th century, and the Civil War took a heavy toll on the town. Initially Waterford occupied a prime location for trade with easy access to Leesburg and ferry points across the Potomac River. In the 1830s, a railroad to Point of Rocks, Maryland opened north of Waterford and Snickersville Turnpike opened south of the village. Waterford, thus bypassed, was no longer a center for trade. In the years leading up to the Civil War, disheartened by Virginia's reluctance to abandon slavery, Quakers began leaving Waterford and migrating to Ohio. Because the Quakers of Waterford were abolitionists and pacifists the village was harassed by Confederate forces. Many fled north and the population of Waterford dwindled further.","The town unincorporated in 1936. Today the village is largely residential. The Waterford Historic District was listed as a Virginia Historic Landmark in 1969."],"originalsloc_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eLibrary of Virginia\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"originalsloc_heading_ssm":["Location of Originals"],"originalsloc_tesim":["Library of Virginia"],"phystech_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eElectronic Media\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"phystech_heading_ssm":["Technical Requirements"],"phystech_tesim":["Electronic Media"],"prefercite_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eWaterford Town Council Minute Book, 1891-1911 (OMB 014), Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"prefercite_tesim":["Waterford Town Council Minute Book, 1891-1911 (OMB 014), Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA."],"processinfo_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eElizabeth E. Preston, 30 May 2012\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"processinfo_heading_ssm":["Processing Information"],"processinfo_tesim":["Elizabeth E. Preston, 30 May 2012"],"relatedmaterial_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eMap of Waterford, 1875, Map Collection, Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"relatedmaterial_heading_ssm":["Related Material"],"relatedmaterial_tesim":["Map of Waterford, 1875, Map Collection, Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, VA."],"scopecontent_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eThis collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      ","\u003cp\u003eThe original minute book was included in a court record in the files of the Loudoun County Attorney. The court record was transferred to the Library of Virginia (LVA) in accordance with Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for state and local public records. LVA then microfilmed and scanned the minute book and placed the original in its collections.\u003c/p\u003e\n    "],"scopecontent_heading_ssm":["Scope and Content"],"scopecontent_tesim":["This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.","The original minute book was included in a court record in the files of the Loudoun County Attorney. The court record was transferred to the Library of Virginia (LVA) in accordance with Records Retention and Disposition Schedules for state and local public records. LVA then microfilmed and scanned the minute book and placed the original in its collections."],"separatedmaterial_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eNone\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"separatedmaterial_heading_ssm":["Separated Material"],"separatedmaterial_tesim":["None"],"userestrict_html_tesm":["\u003cp\u003eNo physical characteristics affect use of this material.\n\u003c/p\u003e\n      "],"userestrict_heading_ssm":["Use Restrictions"],"userestrict_tesim":["No physical characteristics affect use of this material."],"abstract_html_tesm":["\u003cabstract label=\"Abstract\"\u003eThis collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume.\n\u003c/abstract\u003e\n      "],"abstract_tesim":["This collection consists of a digital and a paper copy of one volume of minutes and accounts relating to the administrative functions of the incorporated town board of Waterford, VA, 1891-1911. Topics discussed in the minutes include the appointment and election of town officials and judges, town boundaries, street maintenance, and the collections of taxes. Town accounts are entered at the end of the volume."],"language_ssim":["English"],"total_component_count_is":15,"online_item_count_is":0,"component_level_isim":[0],"sort_isi":0,"timestamp":"2026-08-14T22:36:52.741Z"}]}},"label":"Breadcrumbs"}}},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/viletbl_viletbl00209"}}],"included":[{"type":"facet","id":"repository_ssim","attributes":{"label":"Repository","items":[{"attributes":{"label":"Thomas Balch Library","value":"Thomas Balch Library","hits":1},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026f%5Brepository%5D%5B%5D=Thomas+Balch+Library"}}]},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/facet/repository_ssim.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA."}},{"type":"facet","id":"collection_ssim","attributes":{"label":"Collection","items":[{"attributes":{"label":"Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911","value":"Waterford Town Council Minute Book\n1891-1911","hits":1},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcollection%5D%5B%5D=Waterford+Town+Council+Minute+Book%0A1891-1911\u0026f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA."}}]},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/facet/collection_ssim.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA."}},{"type":"facet","id":"creator_ssim","attributes":{"label":"Creator","items":[{"attributes":{"label":"Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA.","value":"Loudoun County Attorney's Office, Leesburg, VA.","hits":1},"links":{"remove":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA."}}]},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/facet/creator_ssim.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA."}},{"type":"facet","id":"level_ssim","attributes":{"label":"Level","items":[{"attributes":{"label":"Collection","value":"Collection","hits":1},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026f%5Blevel%5D%5B%5D=Collection"}}]},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog/facet/level_ssim.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA."}},{"type":"search_field","id":"all_fields","attributes":{"label":"All Fields"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=all_fields"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"keyword","attributes":{"label":"Keyword"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=keyword"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"name","attributes":{"label":"Name"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=name"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"place","attributes":{"label":"Place"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=place"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"subject","attributes":{"label":"Subject"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=subject"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"title","attributes":{"label":"Title"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=title"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"container","attributes":{"label":"Container"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=container"}},{"type":"search_field","id":"identifier","attributes":{"label":"Identifier"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026search_field=identifier"}},{"type":"sort","id":"score desc, title_sort asc","attributes":{"label":"relevance"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=score+desc%2C+title_sort+asc"}},{"type":"sort","id":"date_sort asc","attributes":{"label":"date (ascending)"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=date_sort+asc"}},{"type":"sort","id":"date_sort desc","attributes":{"label":"date (descending)"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=date_sort+desc"}},{"type":"sort","id":"creator_sort asc","attributes":{"label":"creator (A-Z)"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=creator_sort+asc"}},{"type":"sort","id":"creator_sort desc","attributes":{"label":"creator (Z-A)"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=creator_sort+desc"}},{"type":"sort","id":"title_sort asc","attributes":{"label":"title (A-Z)"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=title_sort+asc"}},{"type":"sort","id":"title_sort desc","attributes":{"label":"title (Z-A)"},"links":{"self":"https://search.arvasarchive.org/catalog.json?f%5Bcreators%5D%5B%5D=Loudoun+County+Attorney%27s+Office%2C+Leesburg%2C+VA.\u0026sort=title_sort+desc"}}]}